Job Title Fund Accounting Vice
About this role
Vice President, Investment Accounting
Are you an Investment Accounting professional searching for an exciting, significant, multi-faceted opportunity with the world's largest asset manager? If you pride yourself on building positive relationships, developing process solutions and bringing strategic visions to fruition, then look no further! BlackRock is pursuing a Vice President to become a part of the team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will accept rare skills, eagerness, and passion.
All the while supporting the freedom to grow authoritatively and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for contributions! At BlackRock, we strive to equip our employees and actively engage their involvement in our success. Our technology and services empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Join the team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
Our Investment Accounting Group provides accounting and regulatory data services to insurance clients. Our accounting services include the reconciliation, tracking, accounting for assets, along with preparation and oversight of monthly packages and regulatory schedules.
Responsible for handling all aspects of accounting and reporting services and meeting the needs and evolving priorities of our clients. Focus on delivering BlackRock to clients by supporting the monthly accounting close, leading client/department initiatives, improving the process and controls using capabilities of other parts of the BlackRock organization as the need arises. There is an opportunity for continued professional development with a career path within the group, or into other operating teams or client-facing business areas across BlackRock. Our suite of services provided to our clients offers opportunities for further personal learning, both in terms of the product types and accounting complexities, as well as the ongoing development of technical strengths.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a detailed knowledge of BlackRock’s capabilities, products and services for insurance companies. Keep abreast of and optimally communicate the implications of the evolving regulatory landscape and new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance by our insurance company, across multiple bases of accounting i.e. IFRS, US Statutory, US GAAP, etc.
- Support business growth, implementation of new clients, and client retention within the insurance sector working in partnership with other BlackRock teams. Represent accounting on cross-functional projects and working groups in support of delivering key business and client objectives
- Contribute to the continual development of the investment reporting production and control processes to optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and incorporate business and product changes, ensuring procedures are maintained in line with all current practices. Work with vendor partners to ensure that our development priorities are clearly stated and champion the completion of each
- Provide expert-level support on in person and phone conversations with clients on accounting-related matters
- Conduct periodic training with the Investment Accounting Team. Review all quarterly NAIC or other regulatory reconciliations with appropriate follow-up and resolution. Assist with audits in reviewing results and recommend changes in control and in answering any follow-up questions
- Minimum 6 years of proven experience in investments/markets and understanding of investment accounting
- Knowledge of insurance companies, including the regulatory and accounting constraints and standards under which they operate
- Continuous operational improvement and control enhancement mentality.
- Familiarity with product- specific financial reporting and disclosures
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.