Job Title Accounting / Finance
A Bit About Us:
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Our Recycling business has quickly become the largest fridge processor in the UK, exceeding the highest standards for pollutant recovery and health and safety. We’ve added a plastics recycling plant in the last 12 months on a separate site and we’re investing further in both sites as we continue to push both volumes and standards.
More About The Query Management Clerk Role
Our UK Supplier Finance Team are looking for a Query Management Clerk to take ownership of all queries which include Delivery and Returns for all categories within AO. This is a role for someone with a natural inquisitive streak and who gets a thrill from problem-solving! Working within our UK Supplier Finance team, you will be responsible for the query management for all category invoices.
The UK Supplier Finance Team are a close-knit bunch, with a work hard, play hard attitude and they do a pretty good job of making sure they live by our fun value! This is a varied and often demanding role so we need someone who is up for a challenge.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing As Our Query Management Clerk:
- Resolving delivery and return queries
- Working closely with the Purchase Ledger team to ensure timely claims are raised
- Undertaking the daily processing of queries and matching to supplier credits
- Building strong relationships with our Suppliers, internal Supply Chain and Logistics Departments
- Updating the accounting system with claim progress and communications in a timely manner
A Few Things About Our Query Management Clerk:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable to business requirements daily/weekly/monthly within set deadlines
- Have a passion for success and results
- The ability to work with minimal supervision & use your own initiative when solving problems
- An accurate eye for detail
- Good team working skills
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- The ability to pick up the phone, when required, to resolve disputes
Why Choose AO:
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran” and “make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity – every day in every action.
Great People Deserve Great Things:
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
Click ‘Apply’ now to join our family and find out more about the Query Management Clerk role.