Job Title Administrator
Category Administrative Services Managers
We are currently recruiting for a senior Administrative Officer on a 5 month contract to work 3 days a week.
To support the planning, implementation and monitoring of community transport services and manage a number of community and passenger transport initiatives and schemes within agreed project programmes, policy guidelines, budgets and timescales.
To support the development and implementation of new projects and initiatives and provide advice and information to community transport operators in Hampshire
The following section is intended to provide examples of the activities undertaken by this role. These may vary to take account of changing priorities and the particular skills and experience of the person appointed. The activities of this role are undertaken by a team of four people:
* Manage all aspects of the programme of taxi share services commissioned by the council, including planning and redesigning services, procuring and evaluating tenders, contract award and on-going contract management.
* Plan, organise and monitor all aspects of the programme of MiDAS training courses which are available to MIDAS members in Hampshire
* Manage all aspects of the Minibus Fleet Insurance and the Vehicle Recovery Schemes which are available to local authority schools.
* Organise and facilitate local passenger transport forums in Hampshire and implement the action points which result from these
* Support the management and administration of three Dynamic Purchasing Systems which are used to procure transport for local bus services, home to school transport, adult services and community transport services
* Support the Spend to Save Minibus Programme which includes minibuses which have been allocated to schools as a more economical way of delivering home to school transport.
* Support work with the Adult Services Day Centres to review and assist with transport planning requirements and provide advice and information on the operation of transport services.
* Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of community transport services supported by the County Council, identifying actions where necessary for areas of improvement
* Assist in the development and production of training materials for the training schemes which the Community Transport and Contracts Team organise for minibus drivers and passenger assistants
* Assist in the implementation of various high priority projects and schemes, as determined by current priorities, which seek to improve access for people to key services in Hampshire and which support existing transport operators in Hampshire.
* Raising purchase orders and paying invoices in line with corporate policies and standing orders and acting as a first point of contact for suppliers, transport operators, voluntary organisations and councils for issues arising from the Council's payments to its business suppliers and others.
* Providing advice, support and information to voluntary organisations in Hampshire operating their own individual transport services and respond to transport enquiries from others.
* Educated to A level or BTEC national or close equivalent
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Proven strong organisational and administrative skills
* Ability to plan, develop, implement and monitor projects, new initiatives and work areas in line with agreed objectives, time and budget
* Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally, with a wide range of people at all levels
* Able to build effective working relationships at all levels and gain commitment from external partners to projects, schemes and initiatives
* Evidence of problem solving and the ability to convert this into practical solutions
* Ability to collate and record information demonstrating a high level of accuracy, analyse this and where appropriate make recommendations
* Understanding and knowledge of community transport services and the basis under which these operate
* Understanding of the distinctive ethos of the voluntary and public sectors and of working in a values based environment
* Proven ability to organise self, work on own initiative in a demanding and changing work environment, reprioritising as necessary to meet the needs of the business
* Able to be an effective team member and a good fit with the team and the departmental values
* Competent in the use of computer technology (able to use Office 365 applications to a high level of proficiency)
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.