Job Title Digital Services Admin
Category Administrative Services Managers
Salary 22,987 GBP
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
DIMENSIONS OF JOB:
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Digital Services Business Admin Manager to deliver flexible administrative support to the different teams within the Digital Services department and to support the ongoing delivery of the key workstreams from the Digital Services Strategy
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The post holder is responsible for:
- Assisting the Business Admin Manager to deliver flexible/agile support for all administration functions within the department, including routine back office functions
- Dedicated contract renewal admin support to the Senior Contracts Manager and Contracts team.
- Organising meetings, distributing meeting papers and taking and producing minutes or action notes
- Ensuring the Digital Services policies and processes are up to date, including helping to maintain the department SharePoint site
- Model the values of the Trust demonstrating commitment to excellence, working together and facing the future with a positive attitude
1. Key Admin Workstreams
- Preparation for meetings including organising online/face-to-face meetings, booking meeting rooms and catering when required, circulating agenda papers, collating apologies for absence
- Attend meetings to take minutes or action points and produce these in a timely manner after the meeting (working to an SLA agreed with the Business Admin Manager)
- To be fully accomplished in preparing documents using relevant computer applications (i.e. Windows10) and can share/store these using Teams and SharePoint
- Maintain the department Teams and SharePoint sites by ensuring all information is up to date as well as assisting in maintenance and design of Teams groups and SharePoint pages
- Working with the Business Admin Manager to ensure key back office functions have been completed, including:
- regularly checking staff compliance against the Trust’s mandatory and statutory training, highlighting to individuals when training needs to be completed and booking onto relevant courses as requested
- regularly undertaking vehicle checks for staff using the Trust’s e-expenses system, highlighting to staff when documentation is out of date
- assisting Trust staff with booking the Greenwood meeting rooms by acting as a room admin to confirm/decline bookings as well as answering ad hoc queries, escalating to the Business Admin Manager when required
- monitoring the DSAdmin team/IT Orders inboxes and responding to queries, escalating to the Business Admin or Contract Managers when required
- regularly reviewing the department’s stationery/refreshment supplies and placing a regular order
- To research topics of interest as directed by the Business Admin Manager
2. Key Contract Renewal Admin Support
- Take ownership of the monthly contract report to ensure all contracts are renewed within a timely manner as defined by the Senior Contracts Manager
- Lead on weekly contract renewal updates within the wider Contracts team, maintaining status updates and actions within the monthly contract report
- Provide a monthly update (report) of contract status to the Head of Digital Services Contracts and Commercials within specified timescales
- Engage with operational teams and the Senior Leadership team to confirm all contract renewal requirements for Digital Services
- Engage with suppliers to request renewal quotes for all Digital Services contracts
- Challenge cost and work with suppliers to deliver value for money across all renewals of Digital Services contracts
- Providing cross cover of services for the Digital Purchasing Officer
3. Communication and Working Relationships
- Actively foster good working relationships across the department as well as key contacts within the Trust
- Engage and foster good working relationships with suppliers to facilitate contract renewal discussions
- Engage and support stakeholder events where appropriate, ensuring the Digital Strategy messages are clear and consistent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced administrator to join the Digital Services (DS) department at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust. We are seeking an experienced, dynamic and motivated administrator with excellent organisational and communication skills to join our Admin team.
Main duties of the job
As part of the DS Admin team you will be assisting the DS Business Admin Manager to deliver flexible administrative support across the department as well as providing dedicated contract renewal admin support to the DS Contracts team. The ideal candidate will:
- have a proven track record of exceptional administrative, communication and organisational skills
- have a good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- experience of providing admin support for meetings including minute taking
- be able to plan and organise workloads and balance multiple priorities
- be a “people” person who is good at building relationships and working with staff at all levels
- enjoy working as part of a team, be agile and adaptable with a “can do” attitude
- have a working knowledge of procurement and/or contract renewal processes but this is not essential as full training will be provided
For further information about this role, please refer to the job description and person specification.
Working for our organisation
The Digital Services department is committed to its forward-thinking Digital Services Strategy. This is the chance to be part of the team who are delivering several projects to provide staff with the best technology enabling them to deliver more efficient and effective patient care.
This role is based at our Greenwood Offices at Heatherwood Hospital in Ascot. There may be the need on occasion to travel to one of our other sites (Frimley/Slough) and therefore the ability/willingness to travel is essential.
There’s never been a more exciting time to build your career at Frimley Health, one of the country’s largest and most respected trusts - We have three main hospitals: Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough, and we also provide integrated community services to North East Hampshire, Farnham and Surrey Heath in partnership with Virgin Care Services.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area. We also run outpatient clinics and diagnostic services from Aldershot, Farnham, Fleet, Windsor, Maidenhead, Bracknell and Chalfont St Peter.
Recently we have invested £150m in new facilities to create the best environments for our patients and staff. Our projects include new state-of-the-art Emergency Assessment Centre at Wexham Park and a newly planned care hospital in Ascot.
Our three core values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other. So whether you use our services or are just visiting you can expect us to be Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
If you have a passion for clinical excellence, patient care and your own career development, you’ll feel at home at Frimley Health. Whether you want to broaden your expertise, strengthen your skills or make the move into management. It’s one of the reasons our staff consistently rate us among the best places to work in the NHS.