Job Title Cook
Category Cooks, All Other
Cook - Full time - £10 per hour
We are looking to urgently recruit an experienced Cook to join our Clients catering team who have a passion for preparing and delivering high quality home cooked meals. This role is based in Wyboston, Bedford in a Mental Health Unit
The successful candidate will work 40 hours per week, on a flexible 5 day out of 7 rota between the hours of 9am and 6:30pm including one weekend in two.
It is an essential requirement that the successful candidate will have hospital, care home or contract catering experience.
As a Cook, the successful applicant will;
* Prepare and cook balanced, varied and nutritious meals as part of a team for 33 patients plus staff
* Ensure all catering facilities are maintained as a clean and hygienic environment
* Working with the Chef Manager, monitor stock levels, ensuring that stock is regularly rotated and maintained.
* Alongside the Chef Manager, control and monitor allocated budgets
* Implement and maintain an effective cleaning schedule
* Ensure temperature testing of foods and storage areas are carried out as required and accurate records are maintained
The ideal candidate will be;
* An experienced cook/chef with demonstrable experience of preparing and cooking home cook food from fresh ingredients
* Organised and efficient with an ability to work as part of a team to meet daily meal times
* A confident communicator that is a team player
* Smart and presentable
* Friendly and approachable manner
* Have a Food Hygiene Level 2 or Equivalent certificate
An enhanced DBS will be applied for on behalf of the successful candidate
If you feel this is the role for you please apply