Job Title Customer service / support
Category Customer Service Representatives
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 50 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Why work for Pearson’s Online Programme Management Team?
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an innovative new online learning service that Pearson has launched in the UK. Working in partnership with leading UK universities across the country, the OPM teams provide online learning services including marketing, student recruitment, course content development, training and ongoing student support. As a start up hungry unit, every member of our team responds positively to breaking new ground, and are willing to challenge current practice and to be challenged themselves.
The Student Success Team brief is to deliver best in class student support with the aim of achieving the highest levels of student satisfaction and retention from one module to the next. Our Student Success Advisors have the highly rewarding experience of becoming an extension of the university partnership they work with and being an expert in supporting students on the programmes they work with. As such the team is attractive to those people who want to work in a higher education environment, speak daily with students from around the globe and hear about their very interesting life stories and backgrounds.
ABOUT THE JOB
Highly organised, you will be someone who enjoys working with people in a customer service/support capacity in a commercially focused environment. You will demonstrate a great customer service ethos, be an effective team player and be keen to achieve retention targets whilst delivering outstanding student support to 200 students.
- Achieve personal annual and teaching period retention targets while maintaining a commitment to the ideal student experience
- Achieve an on target positive Net Promoter Score from your student base ongoing
- Maintain a careful balance between empathetic pastoral support and optimally covering the student base to ensure the highest retention from one module to the next
- Assist students with the enrolment process and then throughout the entirety of their time on their chosen programme
- Follow and help evolve best practice in activities such as engagement checks and calls, welcome calls and webinars, rapport calls, assessing risk factors and when to call versus email, etc.
- Proactive communication with students utilizing a variety of media: phone, email, SMS, etc.
- Develop early student engagement with online tools and support services
- Look for efficiencies to improve student retention and/or the student experience
- Be a supremely positive advocate for change
- Store student data accurately and efficiently on our Salesforce CRM system, with a view to reducing process for optimal productivity
- Demonstrate our Company and OPM Values and act as a Brand Ambassador
- Be an ambassador in representing the Student Success team on projects to evolve the team approach
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO BRING
- Experience in Customer Service or Student support
- Account management experience in B2C or B2B environments where retention is the key performance indicator
- An effective team player who is keen to drive their own success and the success of the students
- Experience in developing customer/student centric process improvements
- Data management and analytics skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- An interest or knowledge of the Higher Education sector
- Ability to work flexibly on a shift pattern and some weekend cove