Job Title Technology
Job Title: C++ Developer / Experienced C++ Developer
Location: Birmingham, Halesowen
Salary: Up to 68,000 (neg) + comprehensive benefits (including flexible working hours, up to 2 days / week hybrid working, casual dress policy, free on-site gym, free lunch + snacks, private pension scheme, and much more!).
Keywords: C++, C++11, C++14, C++17, Software Developer, C++ Engineer, Web, REST, Integration, Apache, Linux, XML, MySQL, Git, AWS, Birmingham.
C++ Developer with excellent C++ (up to latest C++ standard C++17), RESTful Web service, SQL/MySQL/NoSQL expertise is required by a multiple award winning games studio based in Birmingham who are the UKs largest privately owned mobile e-gaming company! We currently have just over 300+ employees here at our Birmingham HQ with our services offered across multiple platforms (web, mobile, tablet) with over 5mn+ customers here in the UK alone!
In this position, you will work within our back-end development team working directly with web and server programmers building scalable, high performance and robust software solutions to support multiple client platforms in a high-availability environment. You will be involved in the development of a wide variety of new software features including but not limited to: Payment integration, all new gaming platform integration, commercial CRM, security features and lots more! All in a team of highly skilled and experienced software developers.
You will get oversight of the full development lifecycle, play an active role in software design decisions (both client and server side) and youll also interface with various data services both internal and external to our platforms.
Key skills were looking for
- Excellent commercial C++ (C++11, C++14, C++17) coding experience.
- Experience with IDEs such as Eclipse and VS Code.
- Experience with web based RESTful technologies and integrating systems and services.
- Ability to build scalable, high performance, robust software to support multiple client platforms and high-availability environments.
- Proven ability to collaborate on software design, problem solving and day-to-day development across client and server teams.
Bonus points for
- Advanced skills interfacing with MySQL and NoSQL (redis, memcache, MongoDB etc)
- Commercial expertise coding C++ on Linux platforms (Debian, Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu etc)
- Worked on or familiar with cloud and virtualization technology (Azure / AWS)
- Proven track record of delivery on software projects.