Job Title Business
As the Sales Director, you will be responsible for the total management of brand net sales , including achievements of all targets and the Sales Strategy by retail group through the leadership, coaching and development of the Senior National Account Managers, National Account Executive and Business Analyst and partnership with the Retail & Education Director on the strategy and achievement of Retail sales in stores
The National Sales Director will work closely with the Retail and Education Director aligning on strategic priorities, ensuring the highest standards of customer service and operational excellence across the Brand. Plus, partnering with the E-commerce and Marketing and Consumer Engagement Director to drive holistic brand sales.
Expectations and Responsibilities of a National Sales Director - People, Team and Retailers:
- To work closely with Retail and Education Director to develop strong retailer strategies for each store group and the execution of these in store
- Work with Retail and Education Director and Snr National Account Managers on staffing levels and productivity in each National Account.
Retail Finance and Team
- Work collaboratively with the Business manager, Senior National Account Managers and Business Analyst on the implementation of best practices and policies/procedures across the business.
Digital and Marketing Team
- Close collaborative relationship with the Online and Marketing Directors, providing qualitative feedback on launches, Visual Merchandising and Events.
- Development of all Commercial innovation plans for retail partners and the negotiation and execution by group
Expectations and Responsibilities of a National Sales Director - Business:
Development & Recruitment
- Developing an induction programme for new Managers/Executives, that clearly highlights talent and developmental capability of each team member whilst supporting their future progression within the brand and wider corporation. This requires commitment from each team member to strive for excellence in execution of their work. This is achieved by being led with drive, inspiration and effective leadership and communicative skills from the National Sale's Director.
- Quarterly and annual business reviews and PDP reviews to further support the achievement of the brand and the teams personal career development.
- Build collaborative relationships with retail partners, ensuring they are supported by the brand to achieve holistic sales.
- Support the Sales and wider Head Office team in all high-level business meetings.
- Must have the ability to present with an innovative mindset, build and execute strategy.
- The strategy must be aligned to the Global brand and overall regional vision, to put winning market share and The Clinique consumer at the heart.
- Partner with Retail and Online Director to plan holistic brand retail targets sales target.
- Achievement of all Gross/net and NOP targets for the brand
- Agree sales targets with General Manger/Vice President and take the necessary steps to ensure achievement of brand retail and net goals.
- Develop a strategic fiscal sales plan for each National Account Group /Online Channel by working with the Retail and Online Directors .
- Monitor and control budget expenses within company guidelines. To prepare sales budgets and to align with the Retail and Education Director in the planning of their National / Regional demonstration budget and to control agreed brand expenditure as set by the VPGM
- Utilise information systems for the purpose of reviewing and analysing retail and corporate sales performance with a view to identifying opportunities to drive retail /net sales and productivity.
- Closely work with the National Account Managers, Corporate Inventory and Demand planners to ensure all National Account groups /online always have adequate stock levels and strive to keep weeks cover at the required level, supporting the war on waste.
Brand Image and Identity
- Ensure all retail groups portray the highest standards visual merchandising to support brand positioning, working with Store design on CAPEX budgets and refurbishment schedules
- Establish and utilise sales information systems/resources (HO, Field and store ) to ensure the highest level of market intelligence and competitor awareness.
- Connect, engage and inspire through monthly meetings with Retail and Education Director, Senior National Account Mangers to cascade and update on progress of brand strategy and share best practices.
- Preparation and participation in Global meetings - Quarterly Business reviews/IBP/Budget meetings /Estimate calls
- Attend ELC internal meetings as required - Multi brand/retailer meetings /Strategy etc
As Sales Director, you will have the following skills and mindset to fulfil the role and lead the sales team:
- You have an innovative, connected and engaged mindset with changing retail distribution, consumer and product landscape.
- You have the capabilities and resiliency to operate and thrive in challenging and changing environments with overall positivity and agility.
- You have experience in driving holistic OMNI channel business with an adaptable and agile approach to be both reactive from historic Sales Insights and pro-active in predicting future trends.
- You have a consumer and team centric approach.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-London
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 228887
Estee Lauder Companies is an equal opportunities employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.