Job Title Engineering
Embedded Linux Software Engineer C/C++ - Fully Remote, WFH
This global organisation that develops Products in Electronic Access Security Control involving biometric solutions, fingerprint recognition and alarm systems are seeking an experienced C/C++ Embedded Linux Software Engineer, C/C++ Linux Embedded Software Developer. This is a long term 100% fully Remote position.
As a C/C++ Linux Embedded Software Developer / Embedded Linux Software Engineer C/C++ you will develop device drivers, network communications and software applications on an Embedded Linux platform. The application software will operate in the biometric identification domain, and will be involved in image capture, identification and processing.
The C/C++ Linux Embedded Software Developer will work with 2 small UK team sites but also with Engineering teams in France and Canada.
The Duties and Responsibilities for the Embedded Linux Software Engineer C/C++ include:
• Develop, deploy, and maintain firmware / software on the following embedded platforms
ARM platform OS, Yocto Linux
• Design and implement new product features
• Analyse, profile and optimize embedded software to meet system performance requirements
• Provide technical support for product qualification, transfer to manufacturing, and field failure analysis
• Embedded Software Testing
• Develop proof of concepts and early prototypes
• Work within Optical, Electrical, and Mechanical fields to develop systems that meet or exceed requirements
• Work with Product Management to meet customer requirements for performance and reliability.
The ideal Skills and Experience for the Embedded Linux Software Engineer include:
• A minimum of 3+ years professional experience designing and developing complex real-time embedded software systems
• Strong knowledge of C/C++ Embedded Software / Firmware Development
• Linux Development – application level, kernel and device drivers
• Multi-threaded real time embedded programming (RTOS)
• Experience with embedded ARM platforms
• Experience with embedded technologies (USB, GPIO, I2C, Networks, TCP/IP)
• Must have experience with various embedded IDE’s, compilers, etc.
• Knowledge of image processing algorithms, image enhancement, and compression algorithms, and cryptographic algorithms highly desirable
• Experience with Windows and Linux software development desirable
• Experienced in full Software development life cycle - System Engineering/Architecture, Software Requirements gathering, Systems Analysis and Design, Code Generation, SW QA processes, SW Testing, implementation, maintenance and documentation.
This is an excellent technically challenging and varied role with a lot of control, flexibility and freedom working on leading edge Products as part of a Global Group.