Job Title Business
Blacktrace Group is an exciting and dynamic place to work. Focusing on Productizing Science, the group supports customers around the world in taking scientific discoveries and inventions and developing them into commercially successful products. The groups portfolio includes a number of exciting and cutting-edge brands which develop, manufacture and globally market a variety of products and services.
Due to an exciting and sustained period of growth we are looking for an Internal Technical Sales Specialist to join the team. This new position is required to support our commercial activities to promote Particle Works to prospects and customers across the UK, Europe, USA and beyond. Particle Works, a brand within the Blacktrace Group, develops highly regulated, automated nanoparticle synthesis platforms for customers working in areas such as gene therapy, vaccine development, and drug delivery.
The successful candidate will work intimately with the sales, marketing and technical teams, gaining deep knowledge and experience in these areas. As this is a new role, and the company is rapidly expanding, the successful candidate will be able to shape it and make it their own to achieve company and personal objectives. The ideal candidate will be a recent science graduate who is excited to start a career in scientific sales or an experienced scientific customer service professional looking to move into a commercial role. Whilst this is an internal sales position there will be opportunities to travel both into the field to see customers and to other Blacktrace offices around the World. We are a fun and engaging place to work so above all else candidates should be enthusiastic, willing to learn and keen to get stuck in!
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Contacting sales leads and qualifying both in a technical and commercial manner
- Ensuring all sales leads are followed up in a professional and timely manner
- Proactively prospect and contact potential or existing customers as part of targeted campaigns
- Generating quotes for customers and sales managers
- Triage of incoming technical support enquiries, where appropriate, providing support to customers
- Ownership of the sales CRM system data, ensuring data is complete and up to date
- Weekly and monthly reporting of activity and status
- Processing prospect and lead information within Salesforce CRM
- Answering incoming prospect enquiries (web shop, phone, email)
- Providing sales administration support to senior sales managers
- Assisting with marketing and events activities as and when required
- Managing demonstration equipment and running demonstrations
- Coordinating customer training or customer workshops as necessary
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedicine or related subject
- Experience in a similar sales-related role is beneficial but not a requirement, full training will be provided
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to conduct presentations in front of different types of audiences
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of a European language could be useful but not a requirement
The role is based in Royston, a short commute from Cambridge. Staff benefits include 25 days paid holiday per year (not including bank holidays), pension scheme, private health insurance, cycle scheme and a green car scheme.
Please note - strictly no recruitment agencies.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, religion or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.