Job Title Junior DevOps Infrastructure
Reporting To: Head of DevOps and Infrastructure
Nimbus is hiring for an innovative, talented and driven Junior DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer to work closely with the Head of DevOps and Infrastructure to maintain our hardware, data centre and network.
Who is Nimbus? We’re at the forefront of cloud hosting technology. Our SaaS platform, which you will help to maintain and develop, helps hundreds of agency owners and freelancers to easily manage their website hosting.
Who are you? You’re a problem-solver with experience working with Linux-based systems, at least one programming language (preferably PHP or GoLang) and a good knowledge of Git-based source control systems. Pressure doesn’t faze you - your can-do attitude and enthusiasm mean you’re ready to jump in and get your hands dirty.
You will be responsible for maintaining our hardware, data centre and network; ensure optimum uptime, server capacity and timely provisioned services; and suggest, research and build scope documentation for new technologies to help build the strategy for our cloud infrastructure and product offerings.
This exciting role offers plenty of opportunity to grow your skill set and make a real impact in the hosting space, working closely with the development team and customer success team (CST) as both escalation point and training mentor, identifying patterns in escalation to build training and documentation.
Duties and responsibilities:
The requirements, skills & experience required for the Junior DevOps / R&D engineer:
- Implementation and support of physical hardware in the data centre environment and virtual servers
- Ensure capacity and tools available for timely provisioning
- Deployment of bespoke server solutions
- Core network maintenance and support
- Escalation point for Support Consultants within CST
- Training mentor for Support Consultants within CST
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance for the sales team
- Assist with out-of-hours emergency support
- Research new technologies for future improvements
- Create scope documentation and project plans for implementation of new technologies
- Manage deployment pipelines for internal systems
- Perform analysis following problems or outages along with identifying preventative measures
- Maintain monitoring systems
- Assist with adjustments to internal systems and create new systems to automate manual tasks
- Problem solver with a drive to always improve what we do
- Able to clearly communicate across the business
- Proactive in spotting and addressing issues early
- Multitasking ability as role requires several tasks/projects simultaneously
We offer a wide range of benefits:
- £3K IT Budget
- Hybrid Working Options
- 23 Paid Holidays each year plus Bank Holidays
- Length of Service Holiday Increase
- Book, training and conference budget
- Private Health Care and Company Pension Scheme
- Frequent team events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Modern, light and air-conditioned offices
- Free on-site parking
- Fully equipped kitchen/rest area
- 5-minute walk from town centre and train station
- Free flu jab
- Free eye tests
- Free Coca Cola/Coffee Machine/Teas
- Friday Afternoon Beers
- Monthly Team Lunches
- Quarterly offsite team builds
Nimbus is looking for a Junior DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer to join our tech and automation focussed DevOps team. At the centre of our platform’s technical innovation, you will push forward with new ideas, identifying areas of improvement, along with maintaining and improving the internal system used to host the applications and facilitating the implementation when needed.
Here at Nimbus, fun and hard work go hand-in-hand. A day in the office will often be punctuated with a game or two of pool and the beer fridge opens its door at the end of the week.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Daily cleaning, desk spacing, masks available
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hertford, SG13 7GX: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- DevOps: 1 year (required)