Job Title Finance
Category Financial Specialists, All Other
Salary 70,000 GBP
Banking Technical Accounting Advisory Manager
- Save job
Provide complex accounting advice to clients within the banking sector
Gain Big 4 experience to boost your longer term career options.
About Our Client
This Big 4 accounting firm's Banking Accounting Advisory team in London delivers expert accounting advisory services, financial reporting and regulatory change projects to major Tier-1 global banks, challenger banks and building societies.
This Big 4 team provides a wide range of accounting advisory services including the following:
- Technical accounting support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16, UK GAAP, FINREP, Pillar 3, Brexit, IBOR reform, and ESG reporting.
- Accounting advice on transactions and financial reporting such as on-call accounting advisory, design or review of accounting policy manuals and financial statements.
- Accounting advice with respect to securitisations and other structured transactions.
- Providing subject matter expertise support on multi-disciplinary finance transformation and deal advisory projects such as business structuring, group reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions. Accounting focus areas include IAS 32, IAS 38, IFRS 2, IFRS 3, IFRS 10 and the UK Companies Act requirements.
- Providing high quality and practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Providing valuable expert resources to clients to assist finance and reporting teams on the enhancement of financial reporting processes, implementation of complex finance changes or transactions requiring technical expertise.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage client opportunities, deliver live engagements, lead small teams and provide input into larger multi-disciplinary teams.
- Respond to clients' ongoing ad-hoc technical accounting queries.
- Analyse client transactions or structures and perform detailed technical accounting analysis, including writing formal accounting opinions where required, e.g. structured transactions or deal accounting. You will assist senior management of the team to deliver these services to clients on complex transactions.
- Provide clients with advice on technical accounting issues and broader impacts of new accounting standards and regulatory changes.
- Write and review client reports based on analytical exercises (e.g. review of clients' technical accounting decisions, stakeholder interview) to present findings and recommendations.
- Assist clients in their implementation programme for new accounting change or development and post-implementation review programme through delivering client workshops/training, direct assistance in performing the assessment and/or review of clients' assessment, review of technical accounting and risk interpretations prepared by clients e.g. IFRS 9. You will assist senior management of the team to deliver these services to clients.
- Take an active role in the identification of business development opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
- Professional qualification: ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial Services clients (IAS 39 hedge accounting, IFRS 9, IFRS 7, IFRS 13, IAS 32, IAS 38, IFRS 3, IFRS 10, IFRS 16, IFRS 15).
- Strong experience in the practical application of the above financial instrument accounting requirements within the Banking and Financial Services industry.
- Understanding of the Banking sector and UK and EU banking regulations and the critical interactions between IFRS and regulatory reporting.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and flexible benefits.
Contact: Colin Hawkins
Quote job ref: JN-082020-402172
+44 207 269 2249
Sign up to receive job alerts
We will let you know when any new Audit & Advisory jobs in London are available.
Michael Page is part of the PageGroup. Michael Page is a trading name of Michael Page International Recruitment Limited. Registered in England No. 04130921 Registered Office: Page House, 1 Dashwood Lang Road, Addlestone , Weybridge , Surrey , KT15 2QW