Job Title Finance
Category Financial Specialists, All Other
Salary 70,000 GBP
Big 4 firm - Accounting Advisory Managers
- Save job
Providing accounting support to clients relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP.
Assess the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards.
About Our Client
This Big 4 firm's growing Accounting Advisory Services team in London provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting - in particular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training.
- Management of client accounting related engagements.
- Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
- Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
- Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
- Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
- Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
- Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
- People management and performance development.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
- Technical accounting experience with IFRS
- UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
- Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
- Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Experience of managing teams and project management
- Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
- Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
- Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal