Job Title Youth Employment Training
Category Human Resources Specialists
Salary 35,000 GBP (per year)
Job Ref: CUS-20-041
Job type: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 12th April 2021, 11:59pm
Contract Type: Fixed Term, 1 Year
Salary: £34,689- £35,949 per annum (SO1)
Lewisham is a fast growing area of the Capital with key developments focused around Catford Town Centre and the Bakerloo extension promising 19,000 new homes, and plans to develop a Creative Enterprise Zone to galvanise Lewisham’s enterprise culture.
As part of Lewisham Council’s commitment to support its residents to withstand the economic shock of the pandemic, the Council has secured over £230,000 to create a Youth Employment Hub in the heart of Lewisham within Catford Town Hall. This new service will provide much-needed support and training for unemployed young people in the borough enabling them to access guidance, resources and opportunities in the short term, and build successful careers in the future, as the London economy begins to recover
The Council is building a strong team to resource this service and seeking to employ a number of key roles to resource this new hub including
- Engage young people who are recently unemployed or who have not managed to make the transition into education or training
- Support them to develop an individual action plan to gain the key skills and experience that they need to access employment in their chosen field
- Enable them to apply and access opportunities including internships, Kickstart placements, Apprenticeships and high quality paid work.
Laurence House, Catford
What we’re looking for
You will be familiar with the government programmes that are being developed to support young unemployed residents back into work including Kickstart, the development of Youth Employment Hubs and apprenticeship programmes.
- Triage, detailed needs assessment, specialist information, advice and guidance and action planning
- Support with employability skills, access to training and job search, confidence building and motivation
- Referrals to specialist skills provision and support to address wider barriers to employment (e.g. health, housing)
In return for your expertise, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
£34,689 - £35,949 per annum (SO1)
For an informal discussion, please contact John Bennett on John.Bennett1@lewisham.gov.uk
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The post is subject to a DBS.
For a full job description and person specification, and for further information about the recruitment process, please click on the links below. To apply please click on 'apply for job' at the top of the page.
Monday 12th April, 2021 11:59 pm
Interview Date: Week of 19th April 2021
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.