Job Title Head Digital Identity
Category Information Technology Project Managers
Head of Identity Products, Europe, Senior Director, Product and Solutions
As the worlds leader in digital payments technology, Visas mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The companys relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere.As
the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
Youre an Individual. Were the team for you. Together, lets transform the way the world pays.
As the digital transformation of commerce continues to expand across more and more complex verticals, digital identity solutions are critical to bring the required higher level of trust and information, while lowering friction and improving the customer experience. Digital Identity (DI), as a now established priority for many Governments to drive growth and financial inclusion, is a significant opportunity for Visa to develop and complement its existing capabilities, while leveraging its existing position and relationships as a global Network.
This role will focus on defining and executing the product strategy for Visa Identity products in Europe (e.g., Identity scores, Identity services, Identity network), bringing vision and commercialisation to life in a detailed and methodical way.
The Head of Identity Products brings deep understanding of the Identity and Data space, the players and dynamics across Europe, and a proven ability at driving the development of potential solutions and programs, from early ideas to concrete and quantified commercial opportunities. They will have proven experience in managing people and resources across a matrix organization and in driving internal and external collaboration on key initiatives.
The Head of Identity Products will be responsible for building the business case and commercial targets for that vertical in the region, and defining the resources required to deliver against these objectives. The Identity Products team in Europe will need to collaborate with Global Identity Products team, Technology, Standards and Government Engagement to make decisions on how the solutions will interact at commercial level (how do we generate revenues, how do we distribute), interaction level (how do we federate across schemes/geographies) and technical level (e.g. what specifications/protocols should we use to exchange messages).
The role understands that technology in itself is not disruptive, but it is people who are the agents of change. This foundational understanding underpins the work we do by focusing on the consumer, hence humanizing our ideas and solutions.
This role focuses on Visas European region.
Product strategy and solutioning
- Own Visa Europe understanding for identity data models, protocols, standards, trust frameworks and interaction models
- Drive problem solving and strategy for EU Identity products across all three main aspect of the solutions; Commercial Impact, Desirability and Feasibility
- Review and support articulation of solution visions, define and test value propositions with inputs from consumers, clients and partners
- Understand consumers/clients needs and demands, with market knowledge, research and client feedback.
- Establish commercial impact with solid business case, pricing strategy, distribution models, product marketing
- With a focus first on Visa Identity score and Identity services, identify the data set needed to deliver the services in Europe, and how to source them at scale.
- Align Identity products and strategy in Europe with existing and upcoming capabilities, notably with Open Banking as a platform to collect and distribute identity data and solutions, but also with Risk, Authentication, Token, Click 2 Pay solutions, etc.
- As required, make case to accelerate product roadmap delivery of EU specific features with regional development capabilities (or via external partners)
- Engage industry leading clients and partners to test, learn and refine upcoming and new solutions
- Collaborate closely with Global Identity product team on Global strategy, product roadmap and specific regional needs
- As many markets are in different stages of sophistication when it comes to Data localization and availability, SCA, DI, Trust frameworks, etc. it is likely that the participants and approach may vary with each market.
- Collaborate with Innovation & Design team to solve for the end-user, understand customer pain points with research and generate key actionable insights, to deliver prototypes and pilots
- Develop the GTM strategy and commercialization plan for Visas Identity solutions in Europe
- Refine business case and financial projections against the defined plan
- Collaborate with Visa regional market teams (specialized sales, account executives, legal and Marketing) to integrate local requirements into plan and start client engagement
- Define distribution model
- Establish pricing strategy and work with EU Pricing for implementation.
- Work closely with Customer Service team to operationalize key interactions along DI product life cycle (e.g. onboarding, integration, troubleshooting).
Partnership and industry
- Map and monitor key DI and data source players in the region and integrate into Product/GTM strategy (e.g., partner, invest, buy)
- Establish partnership with select DI and Data partners in Europe, manage relationship
- Identify regulatory and market-specific requirements including government initiatives, privacy (e.g. GDPR, CCPA), collaboration frameworks (e.g. eIDAS, Australia TDIF); engage with critical path groups and work to synthesize with the Visa Identity Product strategy
- Utilize and/or participate in identity standards organizations and working groups to maximize interoperability with existing schemes and accelerate time to market; be able to evaluate how new standards and companies fit into the broader digital identity product and technology space
Communication and reporting
- Articulate the Visa Identity solutions strategy narrative and socialize with internal and external audiences
- From Product work, research, insights, market understanding, develop cutting-edge thought leadership in the space and pro-actively communicate content
- Socialise progress and updates with key stakeholders (e.g., EU leadership)
- Define, monitor and communicate long term value of DI products (e.g., insights, KPIs and progress vs. KPIs, revenues, etc.)
Team and people leadership
- Define budget, resources and skill-set required to achieve DI strategy
- Build Digital Identity team (hub and cross-functional) and define its modus operandi (e.g., agile)
- Onboard, nurture and develop the Teams talent
- Manage team operations (e.g., budget, planning, expenses, etc.)
- Senior level work experience in product development and commercialisation in digital identity solutions (identity data, identity scoring and graph, identity verification services), data and/or payments.
- Strong understanding of trends and themes in Payments, Data, Digital Identity and Commerce industry. Futurist outlook, passion for, and experience in digital technology innovation.
- Understanding of digital identity and authentication concepts, trust frameworks and models including FIDO, OIDC, oAuth 2.0, PKI encryption
- Demonstrated capabilities in stakeholder engagement at C level communication, presence, and thought leadership
- Curious and inquisitive problem solver thrives in difficult and big problem spaces
- Proven experience in managing interfaces to technology development groups, data scientists and other technical teams in order to translate business needs to deliverables
- Proven experience in managing complex, cross-functional projects across internal and external organizations, and collaborative mindset to work across various Visa and Innovation functions
- Proven ability to develop a repeatable service model versus single line business unit (e.g. client delivery management, team staffing, distributed project skills) and understanding of how to scale products/services within a technology company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- People leader, with a passion for mentoring and continuing professional development of team members and of themselves
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you wed love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, its the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients