Job Title Information Technology
Category Information Technology Project Managers
Principal Consultant - Technology (Manchester)
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
AND Consulting (part of the AND Digital family) connects clients to our transformational consulting expertise, helping them solve their most complex, ambiguous and strategic problems in new, inspiring and innovative ways. We collaborate with our clients to build remarkable digital products, together.
The Technology Practice in AND Consulting helps our clients to use technology effectively to achieve business objectives AND supports them in embedding continuous technology improvement into their organisations. We look at subjects that include technology strategy, solution selection, advisory roles, architectural governance and technology team structures along with many other topics.
We’ve worked with clients to transform their technology landscape, helped them identify the best solutions to their toughest problems, fixed challenging technical issues, helped them set up new technology capabilities, and accelerated technical delivery in established teams. We help technology teams become truly trusted partners in their organisation.
This role can be done in any of our clubs across Leeds, Manchester and Halifax.
As a Managing/Principal Consultant in our technology practice, you will have a deep understanding of how technology can support business success, combined with a breadth of experience in the many aspects of digital and technology transformation. You will thrive in new environments and will excel in abstract problem solving - bringing all of your expertise to bear when coming up with the optimal solution to our clients opportunities. As a result you will be able to:
- Design plans and roadmaps for technology strategy implementation initiatives.
- Assess and research technology options available for a variety of situations and constraints, providing key recommendations based on your analysis.
- Work closely with senior client stakeholders - CIOs, CTOs and Heads of Technology -- to support and develop their Technology strategies.
- Focus on what is next in technology - staying one step ahead of our clients - challenging their approach and thinking.
- Get ‘hands on’ with the work, developing understanding of complex technology, operating models, and solution selection recommendations and producing related key deliverables to describe them.
- Support the growth of the Technology Practice as part of the AND Consulting team, helping to nurture a committed and inclusive team environment.
- Create artefacts that include technology white papers, internal training materials, reusable templates, and case studies as well as speaking as a subject expert at AND client events.
- Collaborate seamlessly with our other practices (People, Product, Delivery, and Insight).
- Lead and manage teams remotely or onsite with clients.
- Applying a commercial mindset throughout an engagement and owning (or supporting) account development plans. Responsible for identifying and developing further opportunities for AND Digital to support our clients, in order for them to be successful.
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- A real passion for technology and the immense impact it has on business.
- Deep technical experience through direct involvement in a variety of hands on technology projects. You intimately know the solution options available to many of the common challenges found in the digital experience arena.
- Leadership experience in the software delivery life cycle and have a solid background and understanding of code and systems architecture.
- A good grounding of the technology vendor landscape, across content management, commerce, ERP systems, and cloud vendor offerings.
- An understanding of technology strategies for a variety of situations and the ability to tailor these to help guide your audience to better technology outcomes.
- The ability to identify technology improvement opportunities which others may not see and can convert these opportunities into actionable and concrete recommendations delivering business value.
- Strong interpersonal skills, connecting effectively with stakeholders and developing empathy with their needs so that you can influence and get buy in for new ideas at a senior level.
It’s helpful if you also have:
- A technical consulting and/or technology professional services or similar background, with the ability to lead strategic technology work with a range of clients and organisations. Time spent with a recognised management consulting firm is highly desirable.
- A flexible mindset, being comfortable regularly moving between various client assignments throughout your career within the AND Consulting team
- The ability to spot and develop commercial opportunities for AND Digital either for yourself, AND Consulting or AND as a whole
- The ability to mentor and develop a team of technology consultants to deliver high quality client work supported by your technical experience
- Experience coaching team members and helping them with their performance and progression
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.