Job Title Analyst
Category Intelligence Analysts
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 6,350 properties with more than 1 million rooms in 118 countries and territories. In the 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 18 world-class brands, with the emergence of the Tempo brand and including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognized hotel brand in the world. We have more than 100 million members in our award–winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors.
Position Statement :
The Analyst Corporate Accounting will work with the Senior Analyst Corporate Accounting and is responsible for the accounting activity which significantly impacts the corporate balance sheet and P&L. The post holder will combine accounting, analytical and presentation skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the monthly close process, as well as the ability to understand complex accounting transactions.
Outputs include balance sheet and P&L analysis, intercompany loan activity reporting, and general ledger entries
Under the direction and guidance of the Manager Corporate Accounting the post holder will be instrumental in developing and delivering strategies ensuring Hilton’s Centre of Excellence delivers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service.
The Analyst will play a central role in delivering successful change programmes
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and take the lead in building and maintaining strong business and 3rd Party relationships. Good project management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role.
- Perform variance analysis, evaluation, analysis of business performance, ad-hoc reporting requests, and recommend actions to meet Hilton financial objectives.
- Support the coordination with third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer, and software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled to arrive at appropriate accounting conclusions and disclosures.
- Perform monthly closing, maintenance of ledger accounts and cost accounting.
- Book key closing journal entries and other reports/projects completed by the outsourcing provider to ensure proper GAAP accounting.
- Support/perform accounting accruals including bonus accruals, other operating expense accruals and non-operating accruals.
- Perform accounting analysis to assess trends in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), identify variances, and recommend next steps.
- Identify and research key accounting issues for finance senior management to facilitate discussion in quarterly issues meetings to minimise the risk and exposure of the company as well as ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Liaise with Senior Management to support analysis and cost centre reporting.
- Respond to audit queries.
- Asset Management Accounting and system management
- Perform RSP Accounting
- Perform Intercompany Accounting
- Net Profit Calculation
- Book Treasury Statements
- Perform Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Corporate Cost Reporting
- Book Purchase accounting entries
- Book Minimum Guarantees
- Monitor Key Money
- Perform Analytics
- Assist with STAT accounts and Tax queries
- Perform Gross Up Calculations
- Perform Fund accounting
- Perform Deferred Charges accounting
- Administer Blackline and Code Block
- Enforce policies and procedures in own work and support the team to deliver to agreed standards and ensure SOX compliance.
- Hilton is in the hospitality industry, and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
- Report results to others to explain and decipher findings.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with other finance departments and corporate departments they support.
- Collaborate with manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish project/department goals.
- Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments.
- Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management.
What are we looking for?
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Understanding of principles and practical application of GAAP
- Blackline and Balance Sheet reconciliation Experience
- Exceptional critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- Proven record of implementing and suggesting process improvements
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Highly advanced in MS Excel, Word and Outlook with the ability to quickly learn new programmes when required.
- Sufficient relevant analytical work experience
- PeopleSoft & Blackline Skills
- Highly advanced Excel Skills
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and Finance at 2:1 or better
- Commenced or prepared to start studies for recognised professional accounting body certification/qualification
- Relevant analytical experience within the accounting field
- Hospitality industry experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: HAFS UK
Title: Analyst, UK Corporate Accounting RTR
Requisition ID: EUR014CR