Job Title Domestic help
Category Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
Job Title: Laundry Assistant
Based: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PF
Salary: £16,252 pa for 35 hours per week
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (35 hours per week)
Closing Date: Friday 4th June 2021
SJMT is a family of charities & community of people supporting those most in need in the West Midlands. SJMT want everyone, regardless of age or circumstances, to feel secure, have opportunities and to thrive.
The services provided include:
- Safe, affordable and well-maintained alms-housing
- Residential and extra care
- Community and housing related support
- Services to advance the opportunities of children and young people in need
Everything they do is rooted in their 370 year history and driven by their vision for the future.
They are recruiting a full time Laundry Assistant to work five shifts a week on a rota in its residential care home and extra care scheme in Solihull.
The team of laundry assistants are responsible for maintaining a high standard of order/tidiness within the laundry area; keeping residents' clothing and bed linen looking and feeling great; washing, drying, ironing and repairing items as needed. The team put away clothes in residents' rooms and maintain linen stocks for day to day use.
Ideally they are looking for someone with experience, although relevant training will be provided. They are looking for excellent time management and organisational skills but just as importantly however we are looking for people with good communication skills, who are caring and kind and sensitive to the needs of older people.
As the post involves working with vulnerable adults, a DBS check will be taken up for successful candidates by the Trust.
- A flexible, methodical and organised approach is required.
- As part of a small team you will need to be reliable and able to maintain an excellent record of attendance and timekeeping.
- We are very much a customer service organisation and therefore all employees must treat our residents with courtesy, respect and dignity at all times.
What we offer:
We continue to reward our staff with competitive pay rates and a number of employee benefits including:
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual 'wellbeing' day
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- Staff discount scheme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please note should sufficient applications be received we reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time and recruit at any stage. We always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and you will be directed to the Trust's Career's page, where you can download the application form.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Housekeeper, Housekeeping Assistant, Home Cleaner, Domestic Cleaner, House Cleaner, Housekeeping, Cleaner, Laundry Operative, Cleaning & Laundry Assistant, Commercial Cleaner, Room Attendant, Residential Cleaner, Office Cleaner, Cleaning Operative may also be considered for this role.