Job Title Assistant Director
Category Managers, All Other
Advance HE is looking for an experienced Assistant Director to ensure the successful delivery of their International Offer. This is a rare opportunity to hold a senior position and enjoy the freedom to make a significant contribution to the strategic development of Advance HEs international component.
Assistant Director - International
- York, YO10 5 (travel will be required)
63,580 + Fantastic Benefits Package
Full Time (35 hours p/w), Permanent Position
Advance HE works globally to help higher education shape its future. We bring together HE-focused expertise from across our entire sector in teaching and learning; equality, diversity and inclusion; leadership and governance, to help universities to deliver a world-class experience for their students.
About the role:?
This role is based at our York office, however our innovative hybrid model of working allows a mix of working from the office, working from home, UK-wide and international travel.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development and Delivery (BDD), the Assistant Director will provide strategic and collective leadership across the Directorate.
The Assistant Director will contribute to the international component of Advance HEs strategic development and ensure the successful delivery of the Commercial Operations Plan, with focus on growing and developing an international offering across all streams of activity and service lines.
As Assistant Director, your responsibilities will include
- To assist the Director of BDD in developing and driving the strategy of Advance HE
- To take a lead in defining the international strategy and operations plans and contribute to the Advance HE Global Perspectives Special Advisory Group
- To manage the delivery of the operations plan and international consultancy budget, ensuring delivery of financial targets and performance against income, expenditure and margin
- To track and interrogate the teams activities and opportunities pipeline to ensure they are geared for success and aligned to the business needs
- To review regional markets, understanding opportunities and threats and to take the lead on the development of new services and products specifically designed for our international markets
- To coordinate the successful and timely delivery of international proposals and tenders as well as management of international consultancy work
- To be a brand ambassador and manage mid-tier strategic relationships and networks e.g. with UUKi, the British Council and Department for International Trade
- An understanding of the international higher education sector
- A successful track record of leadership, strategic development and management in complex environments
Experience of working internationally and selling and negotiating via a consultative approach
- Significant track-record of achieving individual and team income targets
- Knowledge of the key issues facing providers of higher education in the UK and internationally
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- A high level of IT, organisational and time management skills
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, diplomacy, political acuity and cross-cultural awareness
- A collaborative and empowering personal style, helping to motivate and enthuse colleagues
- A passion for higher education and its pivotal societal role and a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
Willingness to travel within the UK and globally, often for extended periods
This an opportunity for a knowledgeable, educational ambassador to work with professional people who are passionate about what they do.
The Assistant Director will also receive a wide range of benefits, including
- A generous pension with USS
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- 27 days annual leave - 8 bank holidays plus an additional 4 days over the Christmas and New Year period
- Cycle-to-work loans and a paid volunteering day
Advance HE is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. We are also committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture
How to apply for the Assistant Director - International role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click "apply" today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes:
Commercial Director, Strategic Sales Director, Field Sales Lead, Sales Director, Account Management, International Sales Director, Client Engagement Director, Senior Management roles York, Operations Director, Sales and Ops Director International.