Job Title Employer Engagement Officer
Category Managers, All Other
Salary 35,000 GBP (per year)
Job Ref: CUS-20-040
Job type: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 12 April 2021, 11:59pm
Contract Type: Fixed Term, 1 Year
Salary: £32,301 - £33,474 per annum (SO1)
Lewisham is a fast growing area of the Capital with key developments focused around Catford Town Centre and the Bakerloo extension promising over 19,000 new homes, while plans to develop a Creative Enterprise Zone will galvanise Lewisham’s enterprise culture.
As part of Lewisham Council’s commitment to support its residents withstand the economic shock of the pandemic, the Council is enhancing and expanding its employment and skills offer. We have secured over £230,000 to create a Youth Employment Hub in the heart of Lewisham within Catford Town Hall. The development of a new employment support service will further provide much-needed support and training for unemployed residents of the borough, enabling them to access guidance, resources and opportunities in the short term, and build successful careers in the future, as the London economy begins to recover.
The Council is building a strong team to resource this service. We are seeking 1 Employer Engagement post who will;
- Strategically engage employers regionally and locally to secure access to opportunities for work experience and paid employment at living wage.
- Support recruitment campaigns to ensure that local residents are enabled to access high quality employment opportunities.
- Maximise opportunities within sectors of strength and opportunity – including Construction, Care, Creative, Green Growth
Laurence House, Catford, SE6 4RU
What we’re looking for
You will be familiar with the government programmes that are being developed to support unemployed residents back into work including Kickstart, the development of Youth Employment Hubs, Restart programme, and apprenticeships.
- Developing strategies and solutions to increase employer engagement
- Actively seeking suitable opportunities or vacancies from local employers, anchor institutions and promoting these to suitable candidates engaged through local employment programmes.
- Carrying out job brokerage activity with candidates on the caseloads of advisors
In return for your skills, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
£32,301 - £33,474 per annum (SO1)
For an informal discussion, please contact John Bennett on John.Bennett1@lewisham.gov.uk
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
For a full job description and person specification, and for further information about the recruitment process, please click on the links below. To apply please click on 'apply for job' at the top of the page.
Monday 12th April, 2021 11:59pm
Interview Date: Week of 19 April 2021
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.