Job Title Scientific / QA
Category Quality Control Analysts
The position of Life Sciences Language Translation Reviser (Korean into English) is responsible for maintaining the quality and verifying the accuracy of language in translated medical and Life-Sciences-related documents translated from Korean into English.
- Proofread English Life Sciences and medical translated documents against the Korean source text with a strong focus on spotting and revising objective errors (number, name, missing text, grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Ensure the translations’ adherence to instructions, client redaction instructions, style guides and glossaries to generate error-free, quality deliverables to clients
- Assist with Project Managers on language-specific queries
- Assist with reviewing client edits and revisions as necessary
- Assist with providing objective feedback on translations provided by external linguists and help train them as needed
- Perform necessary stylistic editing to improve the tone and readability of translations
- Communicate any language or workflow-related issues to Project Managers and Quality Managers and file reports on quality problems/non-conformance
- Provide feedback and recommendations on translation-related trends, workflows and possible improvements
- Juggle multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced client-deadline driven environment
- Able to process constructively any feedback given on translation deliveries
- Maintain focus and professionalism under time pressure
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in translation, pharmacy, nursing, or biotechnology
- 2+ years of translation industry experience and/or a Master’s degree in translation
- Native level of written, verbal and comprehension skills in both Korean and English
- Versatility in MS Word usage, with advanced formatting experience
- Cultural competency and excellent written and verbal communications skills in Korean and English
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with the different forms of English locales, mainly UK English and US English, but also some exposure to Canadian English and Australian English.
- Capable of performing necessary research with a high level of logical and analytical thinking skills
- Ideal candidate is self-motivated, eager to learn and capable of working alone as well as being a team player in a group setting
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Prior translation/proofreading experience with clinical trial/medical/Life Sciences-related documents is highly preferred.
- Other education degrees in Life Sciences-related disciplines such as veterinary medicine, organic chemistry, biology or biochemistry can also be considered
- Work experience with Contract Research Organizations (CROs) as a Clinical Research Associate (CRA) or a Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of common medical and hospital terms in Korea
- Experience with CAT tools and translation software (such as Trados, SDLX or WordFast)