Job Title Sales
Category Sales and Related Workers, All Other
Role: Head of Sales Operations (Book & Library Sales)
Location: Hybrid London
Salary: £60k to £70k
The Head of Sales Operations will work in partnership with the Operations Director and lead
the EMEA/LA book and library sales operations function to support the wider EMEA, Latin
America and US sales teams to deliver efficiency and effectiveness across their workflows.
- Provide leadership and governance to the Sales Operations function, improve effectiveness and efficiency of the sales team, and ensure they are aligned with the
overall business objectives.
- Lead and champion the Lean continuous improvement process, collaborating closely with key stakeholders to identify needs, create, develop, and maintain processes that enable sales activities and reporting in line with business strategy.
- Provide appropriate tools to bring about increased sales effectiveness and train, mentor, and support key users in using those tools to ensure maximum engagement and adoption with system, process, pricing, and product changes.
- Strategically manage and develop the CRM system
- Analyse and provide analysis of sales data to enable KPI tracking, prospecting, forecasting, budgeting and to facilitate performance management.
- Lead periodic business reviews to adjust tactics, market segmentation and strategies based on new insights.
- Act as the central operational interface between Sales and other functions (e.g., marketing, IT)
- Deploy a suitable organisation design which ensures appropriate resources and skills to meet demand.
- Develop and sustain a performance management culture to attract, develop, and retain high performing staff. Inspire the team to high levels of performance, ensuring that company values are adhered to and respected.
- Ensure a supportive and open culture exists in the team. Model and lead a constructive feedback culture.
- Be a role model and champion for professionalism, consultation, collaboration, accountability for all stakeholders, and upholding the company’s values and objectives.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous strategic level experience of global operational management, preferably within a sales environment
- Proven experience with identifying, prioritising, leading, managing, and implementing projects to improve business challenges.
- Excellence in leading and motivating a team of skilled and experienced individuals
- Proven ability to partner with senior leadership across multiple functions and regions
- Highly analytical with a structured thought process to drive insight, synthesis, and improvements into an organisation.
- Experience in working with powerBI.
- Results orientated with an ability to inspire confidence and engage, enable, and facilitate multi-stakeholder groups.
- Lean Six Sigma or other project management experience in deployment of continuous improvement across different teams.
- Excellent communication, influencing and change management skills; and skilful in evidence led decision making.