Job Title Sales
Category Sales and Related Workers, All Other
Salary 50,000 GBP
(Select multiple locations with CONTROL key)
Due to our continued success we are seeking an additional Sales Support Administrator to join our team based from our UK Head Office near Camberley working Mon to Fri 8.30 to 5 with free parking, 25 days holiday and benefits package. We are an international engineering and manufacturing company with sites and clients worldwide and are well established and stable with a good staff retention rate and excellent working environment. Working as part of our sales department, offering support to the sales teams at our regional offices and our clients, we can offer a salary up to £28k plus bonus and benefits package along with free parking.
To be successful as our new Sales Support Administrator, you should have a good mix of skills relevant to the role including supporting an internal or external sales team, sales support, customer support, reporting and operations administration. You should have gained this experience within an engineering, manufacturing or technical specification organisation as you will need to understand our product range but training will be provided. The role works alongside our existing Sales Support Administrator and as such the duties of the role will be shared between the two and the department manager.
The role would suit candidates who enjoy working in a busy sales department but from the perspective of the sales support/internal sales aspect of a sales department as this is not a sales role as you are supporting the sales process, the sales team and our customer base.
The main focus of the role is to provide accurate and timely sales information including responding to sales enquiries, product specifications, price data, performance metrics, sales progress updates, sales meeting minutes etc, utilising Company systems e.g. CRM to provide timely reporting on KPI’s and other sales department metrics such as quote tracking and liaising with technical/commercial and business support staff across global operations, satisfying the requirements of all customers both internal and external.
- To provide comprehensive, accurate and timely product-related technical information to internal commercial staff, including product features, capabilities, applications etc., spanning the full product range, in order for customer facing staff to respond to external customer requirements and progress sales etc.
- To forward external customer telephone, email and some website-generated sales enquiries to the correct Regional Sales Office, accompanied by supporting data where appropriate, in order to answer customer enquiries including technical specifications, pricing or general sales information covering the full product range.
- To collate information, make recommendations and, once agreed, communicate product/system prices, or price alterations, to internal commercial staff for complex technical product requirements, new parts, new products etc., ensuring all Company systems e.g. Syspro, CRM etc., reflect the changes and updates in a timely manner.
- To coordinate with other members of the Internal Sales team the distribution of the weekly UK Management Meeting Minutes pack, checking accuracy and clarity of Minutes content, agreeing final version of Minutes with Senior Management, attaching relevant Sales Reports and ensuring post-meeting amendments are circulated. Occasional taking of the minutes may also be required.
- To report the sales progress, as reported via CRM, with Regional Sales Office representatives worldwide prior to weekly Teams meeting reviews, updating CRM entries with relevant data and highlighting issues/trends to the Internal Sales Manager for discussion/debate.
- To produce, agree and circulate Meeting minutes/notes for sales/business development focussed events e.g. forecasting meetings, KPI reviews, price review meetings etc.
- To collate and prepare sales performance information/data e.g. KPI tracking, dashboard data, CRM data integrity audits, forecasting variances, Regional Office updates etc., via standard and ad hoc reports at agreed regular intervals for Management review using the Company CRM system and other verbal/written sources across the Company’s commercial operations worldwide.
- To receive and input commercial contact details into the Company CRM system on a scheduled basis, supporting Sales, Business Development, Engineering, Marketing and other customer facing staff providing new customer contact information following Trade events/exhibitions e.g. Oceanology/Ocean Business etc., coordinating contact details input via the Office Services team during peak times.
- To use, maintain and update the CRM system database to assist in the monitoring of CRM data integrity across the business, highlighting gaps and suggesting corrective actions for agreement including process and communication improvement etc., in order to maximise the use, accuracy and value of CRM system-held data.
- To monitor, maintain and regularly update the Company Intranet Sales Section with consistent, up to date and valuable sales information/collateral e.g. standard product lead times, sales proposal templates, KPI/dashboard data etc., ensuring all material complies with Marketing design criteria and standards and updating of information from internal departments e.g. Production Planning, is timely and accurate.
- To produce and coordinate the data requirements e.g. spreadsheets etc., to support the Annual Company product price review, update working documents and communicate agreed price/price increase date to internal commercial staff, ensuring all Company systems e.g. Syspro, CRM etc., reflect the changes and updates in a timely manner.
- To perform a lead role in reviewing and coordinating obsolescence data in conjunction with Engineering, Production and the Sales Team, ensuring that the item list and recommendations are discussed twice annually as a minimum, and all relevant internal departments are informed of any changes in products or parts as applicable.
- To attend Company promotional events to promote the brand, gather customer feedback and strengthen the network of industry contacts.
- To be an internal sales resource for specific accounts, customers, regional offices, head of market, BD/GBM roles where appropriate. Working to sell all products and services from an internal point of view (phone, email, VC, Teams, presentations, CRM, quote generation and follow up, etc.
- E-commerce activities to support global sales.
- Follow 5 year sales plan supporting mini projects and exercises in the direction of sales department, regional offices and head of markets.
- Support and liaising with marketing for lead generation and to support strategic plans for market generation in the regional offices and head office.
To be successful you should ideally have:-
- Demonstrable experience providing administrative support and coordination of sales processes in a technical, engineering, manufacturing or similar commercial environment.
- Proven ability to gather and present information, data and reports.
- Experience of CRM system data manipulation and reporting.
- Experience of collating and preparing written and numerical data gathered from varied sources (people, systems, reports etc.) for target audiences including technical
- professionals up to Senior Management.
- Proven ability to demonstrate customer orientated attitude and actions towards internal and external customers alike.
- Internal or external sales/sales support experience
In return we can offer a generous salary up to £28k along with a full benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career with an international company. We also offer the flexibility for part home/part office based working. The chance to join a well established and successful international company who can offer an excellent working environment.
Please submit your CV asap for immediate consideration.
Ref: 5603/59 Rev
Salary: £24k - 28k per year + plus bonus and benefits
Contact: Louisa Leyland
Telephone: 07470 210188
- Job Title
- Name First Last
- Email *
- Telephone *
- CV File Upload Accepted file types: txt, pdf, doc, docx. File types allowed: text, PDF or Word (max 5mb)