Job Title Senior Associate Knowledge
Category Sales and Related Workers, All Other
3 days ago
This is a 6 month contract to support the London Public M&A practice in respect of knowledge matters, sitting in the London Corporate Knowledge, Expertise and Thought Leadership team (KETL team), which consists of experienced Knowledge Lawyers and information specialists.
Our Corporate team advises on some of the world's largest and most complex M&A transactions, with a particular focus on public takeovers.
Our KETL team is focused on delivering practical and insightful knowhow and advice to Corporate lawyers. Key to achieving this goal is the need to keep abreast of legal developments and work closely with our transactional lawyers in order to ensure that deal knowhow and insights are collated, analysed and shared across the Corporate Practice.
As well as keeping up to date with, and analysing, all legal and legislative developments relevant to Public M&A and providing some additional support in relation to our listed companies practice, you will be the "go to" contact for relevant legislative/regulatory developments, template maintenance and knowledge sharing (particularly on developing market trends and best practice in light of the recent Takeover Code changes), as well as assistance with thought leadership initiatives, client briefings and training in Public M&A.
You will also have the opportunity to provide valuable support to one of our partners who is the Chair of the CLLS Company Law Committee, which may involve taking part in working groups, alongside members of that Committee, formed to respond to public consultations that impact Public M&A.
Who you will work with
You will work in our leading, world-class global Corporate practice, alongside the Corporate partners and lawyers.
What makes us one of the most respected Corporate practices globally is our client base, the mandates we win, our industry expertise and commercial approach, and our people and their intellectual capability. We are consistently retained as lead international counsel on cross-border mandates and our team has a diverse client base that includes a number of FTSE100 and Fortune 500 listed corporations.
You will work within the Public M&A practice and the Corporate KETL team. The Public M&A team is relatively small, and both it and the Corporate KETL team are friendly and collaborative teams to work within.
What you will be responsible for
Legal/regulatory – primarily in terms of Public M&A, but also listed company matters
- Analysing forthcoming legal/regulatory developments in order to brief lawyers and clients on their impact (including preparing client briefings) and to update internal resources e.g. templates/Topic Guides.
- Responding to fee earner queries on legal and regulatory matters, including on legal/regulatory developments.
- Supporting corporate partners on work relating to external legal committees, such as the Company Law Committees of the Law Society and CLLS, including contributing to relevant legal/regulatory consultation responses.
- Preparing and presenting summaries on legal/regulatory developments relating to public M&A at Corporate Finance Knowhow Committee meetings.
- Maintaining and updating the Public M&A templates, including in light of developments following the 5 July Takeover Code changes.
- Maintaining and updating the internal Blue Book Logbook (where insights on the Takeover Code are logged).
- Encouraging knowledge sharing by fee earners and the submission of knowhow to a shared knowledge database in respect of Public M&A deals.
- Facilitating post deal reviews, analysis and knowledge consolidation.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of training on Public M&A.
- Delivering knowhow updates to the Public M&A team.
- Running specialist Public M&A focus group meetings.
Your career experience so far
You will be a mid to senior level lawyer or existing Knowledge Lawyer (PSL) with experience in Public M&A, the Takeover Code and listed company matters.
You will have an excellent academic background. You will have strong drafting skills, good attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
You should also have strong communication and analytical skills, along with a high level of commercial awareness, and a strong track record of keeping abreast of legal developments.
How we will support you
We have formal training, informal coaching and mentoring through to skills-based and technical training and on the job learning.
About the Firm
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures and languages. In a world where commercial success increasingly relies on globalisation, we offer clients a truly international perspective, and we offer our people rewarding and stimulating work.
We're proud of our approachable, friendly and team-based way of working. Highly professional and self-assured, with an entrepreneurial streak, our people are more than happy to share their expertise and knowledge.
At Clifford Chance we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm. Find out more here.
Competitive Salary and discretionary bonus, plus a range of exceptional benefits including pension, private medical cover, life insurance and income replacement insurance.
#LI-WRAP #LI-POST #IND