Job Title Senior Support Worker
Category Social and Human Service Assistants
Salary 51,500 GBP (per hour)
Senior Support Worker
Are you passionate about providing exceptional care and emotional support to help others achieve their goals and aspirations? Do you want to develop your career with a forward thinking organisation who offer flexible working and career development? An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of a well established team in Dinnington.
Position: Senior Support Worker
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week. Full time/part time (job share considered)
Salary: £9.82 per hour
Benefits: A clear personal development plan, which includes a Free detailed training plan for all elements of the role, full induction process, ongoing supervisions and appraisals, development and career progression, opportunities to gain Free recognised qualifications, free DBS screening, flexible working, £400 refer a friend scheme, Cycle2work Scheme, access to GP online, Employee Assistance Helpline, discounts at many retailers and life insurance,
About the role:
The Senior Support Worker role is one of empowerment, you have the ability to make the people you support feel safe, confident, competent and more importantly able and independent. By believing in someone you can help people reach their own potential as well as supporting with the everyday tasks such as finances, housekeeping, attending appointments, shopping, and participating in various activities of choice and a dedication to further people we support's skills and abilities.
You will provide support to individuals with learning difficulties, mental health issues, and autism in a residential setting, and some of the people display behaviours that challenge. This role will include using positive behaviour support and physical intervention skills.
You will be working for a value-based organisation, committed to putting the people supported in control of their lives. With a focus on enablement and maximising independence to work with people who use their support be co-producers of their own goals and outcomes.
About the Role:
The role of the Senior Support Worker is an opportunity for a pro-active individual to join an evolving Care Company. We are looking for a dedicated and empathic person. The Senior Support Worker will provide practical assistance and emotional support to empower their team in supporting the people they support to achieve their goals and aspirations.
The candidate we are looking for will;
* Demonstrate positive, proactive and organised people skills, that will support and develop the skills of the Support Workers. This will include induction, supervisions, annual appraisals, training, coaching, rota management and sickness and absence management.
* Take the lead to help Support Workers understand their responsibilities and by doing so ensure that safe, effective, caring, responsive and well lead support and care is delivered at all times.
* Support the Service Manager/Deputy Manager in managing transitions into and away from the service. You will be able to liaise professionally with all outside professional agencies, and ensure that all information is shared appropriately.
* Ensure that all the people supported have person centred support/care plans.
* Empower the people we support to be actively involved in their own goal setting.
* To oversee and support the development of excellent quality within the service. You will design, develop and maintain excellent service user records.
* Demonstrate sound knowledge of Microsoft office to include word, excel and PowerPoint.
* To fully understand and ensure your team understand, the principles of safeguarding vulnerable adults.
* You will advocate for and protect the best interests of the individuals within the boundaries of the Mental Capacity Act.
* Having a driving licence is desirable.
We very much welcome previous experience working as Team Leader, Senior Home Carer, Senior Care Worker, Senior Health Care Assistant, Senior Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Senior Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.
Team Leader, Senior Home Carer, Senior Care Worker, Senior Health Care Assistant, Senior Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Senior Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.