Job Title Support Worker /
Category Social and Human Service Assistants
Salary 18,593 GBP (per year)
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Bromyard, Herefordshire
Salary: £17628 - £19558.50 per annum
Hours: Permanent, Full Time - 37.5 hrs per week
Winslow Court provides residential support for young adults aged 18 years and over, who have a severe learning disability, autism, communication difficulties, challenging behaviours, mental health and other complex needs. We are seeking Support Workers to join our team.
As a Residential Support Worker you will support the residents within the home and out in the community. You will support in a variety of activities, due to the pandemic some of our regular activities have been unable to continue so across site we have hosted themed evenings and lunches, keep fit groups and Winslow has built its own 'Hideout Cafe'.
As a Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the safety of the residents at all times
- Delivering personal care
- Administering medication
- Ensuring paperwork is up to date
You will be required to work a rostered shift pattern inclusive of some evening and weekend work.
The shift hours are as follows:
- Early: 7:30am - 2:30pm
- Late: 2:00pm - 9:30pm
As a Support Worker you will experience challenging behaviour, but we will provided you will the appropriate training and a series of shadow shifts so you can be confident in your ability to handle these situations safely. Our friendly team will also always be on hand for advice!
- Good sense of humour
- Calm and even tempered
- A valid current driving licence
- Previous experience within a residential setting
- Experience of severe learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviour
- Experience in the personal care and hygiene of another person
- NVQ2 in Care or equivalent
- Care certificate
What's on offer:
- Free DBS
- Career progression towards a TEAM LEADER earning up to £21,411.00
- Mileage allowance for those travelling 20+ miles to work
- Holiday pay
- Sick Pay
- Free meals while on shift
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid training hours
- Generous overtime rates
- The role also includes training in areas such as Safeguarding, First Aid, Health and Safety u0026 Non-Abusive Physical and Psychological Intervention and you will also begin the role by shadowing one of our experienced team members
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter in for this job.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Mentoring Support Worker, Youth Development Worker, Youth Support Worker, Youth Mentor, Youth Community Worker, Youth Support, Young Person's Mentor, Social Worker, Support Worker, Guidance Councillor, Young Persons Advisor, Youth Worker, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, Residential Care Worker, Care Assistant, Recovery Social Worker, Recovery Support Worker, Care Worker, Senior Support Assistant, Residential Care Support and Social Care will also be considered for this role.