Job Title IT / Computing / Software
Category Software Developers, Systems Software
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: London, W1W
Salary: £32,000 to £35,000 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent
The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for capturing and documenting business requirements using appropriate documentation methodologies, to ensure that business requirements across a range of large and small projects are met.
The BA will participate fully in the support of business change, including testing, education and implementation to ensure that the change delivers full benefit to the organisation. The Business Analyst will coordinate and fully participate in the development of new products and services. You must develop and maintain an effective relationship with the user community and ensure that the solutions proposed consider organisation structures and staff development issues as well as current processes and IT systems.
The BA will also work with other teams to coordinated and report on projects across the bank.
Job Description / Responsibilities
Identifying and Defining Requirements - To lead and carry out business and process analysis activities to evaluate business requirements, including:
- Analysing current business processes to identify problem areas and potential opportunities for improvement.
- Understanding business objectives & drivers.
Documenting Requirements - To produce Requirements Definition Documents and Functional Specifications/Use Cases, including:
- Preparation of documents to a high standard, using an accepted methodology.
- Conducting "walk-throughs" with relevant audiences to verify requirements and secure sign-off.
Testing - To participate in System Integration & UAT Testing, including:
- Providing input into test planning.
- Preparation and execution of test scripts.
- Reviewing test matrices and test scripts to ensure an appropriate depth and breadth of testing
- Conducting "walk-throughs" of functional specifications/use cases with user acceptance testers to communicate the changes and to ensure testers understand the background and wider business context of the change.
Implementing Change - To support the implementation of change, including:
- Providing support on the planning and deployment of change, as required.
- Conducting post-production reviews & lessons learnt.
Supporting Initiatives - To support the implementation of initiatives within the organisation, including:
- Researching and implementing process improvements to improve the accuracy and quality of analysis.
- Producing appropriate documentation to contribute to maturing processes within the organisation, using accepted methodologies (e.g. RUP, Agile).
Project and Vendor Management - To provide status updates on all IT projects.
- Preparation and update of the project management sheet
- Status update, analysis and review of the individual projects
- Vendor management and communication
Business Process Re-engineering
- Interact with all stakeholder and be able to document existing processes, manage and analyse data, and recommend enhanced business processes
- Use knowledge and understanding of process improvement approaches to train and/or facilitate working sessions regarding business processes improvements.
- Supports Project Management teams in the utilization of Processes and Tools (project planning, resource management, document management and time tracking).
- Facilitates meetings (project meetings, stakeholder meetings, lessons learnt etc.) in order to help build a continuous improvement process within the PMO.
- Maintains library of all project documentation ensuring that up to date versions are held in central repository.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Data Analyst, Commercial Analyst, Analyst, Information Analyst, Client Data Analyst, SQL Analyst, Business Information Analyst, Data Handler, SQL Server, Systems Analyst may also be considered for this role.