Job Title Education / teaching
Category Teachers and Instructors, All Other
MyMentor is a rapidly growing online platform for US and UK university application advice. We connect international students applying to US and UK universities with top undergraduate students to mentor these international applicants through their application processes. We are growing in the UK and need students/alumni from top UK universities to join our global community of over 1,000 top mentors today! What are you going to do:
Responsibilities (What are you going to do)
- Brainstorm and Critique university application essays to help finalize content, structure, language and grammar
- Mentor university applicants and younger students through 1-on-1 chat/video calls to answer their questions about university selection, admissions tests,interviews, academics/courses, extracurriculars, essays, university life etc.
- Share your personal experience and key learnings through the university application process to help mentees gain a unique perspective
- There is no hard-weekly commitment, but as required, we have seen mentors commit up to 5 hours/week on average when they are actively working with customers.
- Mentors can increase or decrease their commitment over time
- We are currently looking for mentors to get involved as soon as possible in 2021. Spots are limited!
- Earn £18 per hour
- Remote part-time role, work from anywhere in the UK (online)
- 100% flexibility to set your own hours and schedule throughout the year (even during your university semester or while doing any other full/part time job)
- Work for a rapidly growing education technology platform and grow your resume
- Build strong leadership and interpersonal skills while creating a huge impact on your mentees
- Scope to continue flexible work into the future (we have mentors who work with us for multiple years through university and beyond)
- Join a global network of over 1,000 mentors from top UK and US Universities
- You should be registered as a university student
- We are looking to recruit students currently studying at top ranked undergraduate programs in the UK across all years and majors/courses. We are also open to recent alumni applying to be mentors.
- Must be a UK citizen or legally authorised to work in the UK
- You do not need to have any prior mentoring/tutoring experience. While experience is always welcomed, we are mainly looking for highly motivated, passionate, and professional mentors
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!