Job Title Practice Education Facilitator
Salary 31,365 GBP
Join us at an exciting time for Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust! We have recently been awarded an improved CQC rating of Good and are proud of what we’ve achieved. We have an ambitious plan for our journey to Outstanding and are looking for aspirational, committed individuals to join us, making a real difference to both staff and patients.
As a former winner of England for excellence award: Tourism destination of the year, the beautiful city of Gloucester and the scenic regency spa town of Cheltenham are fantastic places to work and live.
As a hospital Trust we are currently involved in over 100 clinical trials and studies, whilst also providing acute elective and specialist services to a population of over 620,000.
By joining Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust new colleagues can look forward to a warm welcome and a future full of opportunities and support.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Key Relationships but not limited to:
· Associate Director of Education and Learning
· Joint Head of Professional Education, Apprenticeships and Careers Team
· Professional Education Manager
· Practice Education Facilitators at GHNHSFT
· Practice Education Facilitators at GHC
· Clinical Skills Department
· Director and Deputy Director Quality and Nursing
· Divisional Matrons
· Ward and Departmental Managers
· HEI Academic and Placement Leads
· HEI coaches in practice and academics in practice
· Practice supervisors, practice assessors and mentors
The post holder will be expected to:
· Work collaboratively with the Head of Professional Education, Apprenticeships and Careers Team to ensure all non-medical pre-registration clinical placement planning is responsive to demand and reaching the potential across the organisation and there are robust systems and processes in place to support this activity
· Work with senior clinical staff, other organisations in the health community and placement staff within Higher Education institutions, to ensure high quality clinical placements that provide learners with the appropriate clinical experiences across the duration of their pre-registration programme
· Work in collaboration with the University Placements and Partnerships Leads, Placements Quality and Allocation Managers, Course Leads, Coaches in Practice / Academics in Practice and other academic staff/ staff involved in learner placements to ensure that non-medical practice supervisors, practice assessors and learners are developed and supported in a manner that is consistent with NMC and HEE standards and frameworks, local education quality standards and any education contract requirements
· Advise, develop and ensure quality of learning opportunities within a multi-professional framework in order that the service users receive a high standard of care
· Develop, embed and maintain coaching (collaborative learning in practice) models to support learners in the workplace; encourage innovative approaches to enhance student learning experience to enable attainment of competency and proficiency
· Ensure mentors, supervisors and assessors of pre-registration learners abide by NMC/HPC professionals standards of education and provide assurance that clinical placements across the organisation complies with contractual agreements
· Design and deliver training sessions and comprehensive presentations to staff and students across the Trust and wider One Gloucestershire ICS, promoting evidenced based practice and assisting in the development of new and improved practices
· Actively seek, expand and develop new educational opportunities and clinical placements for non-medical learners across the organisation
· Develop effective relationships with practice staff to inform and guide the development in practice education areas
· Provide pastoral support to practice supervisors, practice assessors and ward /team managers and learners (as required)
Practice Education Facilitator – One Gloucestershire
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Professional Education Team as a Practice Education Facilitator – for One Gloucestershire.
This is an opportunity for an individual to work not only with Gloucestershire Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (GHNHSFT) but also with Gloucestershire Health and Care (GHC) working alongside the PEF’s within each organisation and contributing to the One Gloucestershire ICS project and the expansion of clinical placements within our NHS Trusts.
This role is a 6 month full time fixed term contract funded by Health Education England (HEE) to increase the numbers of non-medical professional student placements available in GHFNHST and GHC, and to work with our ward/operational colleagues to ensure a positive experience for our nursing and midwifery students whilst on placement within GHFT and GCS.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for someone who is ambitious, self-motivated, organised & has communication skills. The individual will be someone who holds an interest in student placements within the NHS and understands the need for quality student experiences. The individual will have a current registration with the NMC/HCPC & a first degree or evidence of studying at this level.
Working with service & education colleagues at both Trusts to facilitate high quality learning and education experience for nursing and providing and supporting students on the pre-registration programme of study
Supporting the Ward Managers in planning & evaluating the education & development of mentors for this programme
Specialist education knowledge to ensure that learning & teaching in clinical practice complies with the Standards of Proficiency for Registered Nurses, Nursing Associates & Midwives.
Working for our organisation
This is such an exciting opportunity as you will working across two Trusts but based within GHNHSFT. This is an area of work that is being prioritised due to the increase in students, the Future Nurse project and the requirement for placements within their education. This is an ever expanding environment and you will be pivotal in your contribution to the One Gloucestershire Project.
You will be supported in this role by the Joint Heads of Professional Education, Apprenticeships and Careers Team, Professional Education Manager and the Practice Education Facilitators at GHNHSFT. You will also be supported by the Professional Education Team and Practice Education Facilitators at GHC.
Please note that this vacancy may close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, so please apply as soon as possible if you are interested. The Recruitment Team are unable to accept any applications after the position has closed on NHS Jobs.
Committed to safeguarding our community
If applicable for the post, all successful candidates will be required to pay for their own Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The cost will be £32 (standard checks) or £50 (enhanced checks), and will be recovered through two instalments from the candidate's salary. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Trust is a safeguarding employer committed to the safeguarding and promotion of welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Trust is committed to safe recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults, and any appointment will be subject to satisfactory clearance. As part of the organisation's commitment to Safer Recruitment, candidates may request copies of relevant policies and procedures by contacting the Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Committed to supporting service personnel
As part of our commitment to support Service Personnel, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, in collaboration with the Career Transition Partnership, offer a Guaranteed Interview Scheme for all qualifying Service and Ex-Service Personnel. To qualify for a guaranteed interview, candidates must meet the essential criteria for the post and be either a current member of the Armed Forces, or be within the two year period of resettlement. If this applies to you please email the job reference number and your AR number to the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org