Job Title Front Desk Agent
Category Web Developers
Descripción del empleoAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Front Office Supervisor
Ensuring guest satisfaction from the moment a guest arrives at the resort until they check-out. Provide directions to guest to local destinations. Maintain supplies for front desk area. Answer general interest calls to the area. Responsible for all Front Desk duties such as (but not limited to) check-in, check-out, PBX Operation, reservations, assist with concierge duties, proper cash handling and any and all reporting required as per shift checklist. The Resort prides itself in the level of personalized service we provide. Therefore, we expect our Front Desk Staff to maintain a high level of integrity and service and to always attend to our guests’ needs in a professional manner.
1. Display a pleasant, professional and guest oriented attitude at all times.
2. Have an understanding of what is expected of your resort and you as its representative.
3. Arrive to your workplace in a timely manner. Must be in uniform or professional dress.
4. Comply with resort and department codes, policies, procedures and regulations.
5. Consider and understand guests/guestrooms security, privacy & comforts.
6. Be willing to participate in team efforts and communicate with fellow employees.
7. Know and be able to complete job specific duties for the shift you are working.
8. Communicate any uncompleted issues to the next shift departments as needed.
9. Participate in all required health and safety meetings/classes.
1. Register check-in guests, check-out guests, confirm pending reservations, answer direct phone calls and emails, take messages and communicate with additional Front Desk Clerks as needed.
2. Use computer to input information regarding in-house guests.
3. Handle credit cards and money; count cash drawer at the end of the shift.
4. Assist owners and guests with questions, problems or concerns, and be able to communicate any unresolved situations to the proper department or person.
5. Know local points of interest and be able to give directions.
6. Maintain a tidy operational work space and area.
7. Learn and be able to execute any Front Desk functions as set forth in procedures manual.
8. Assist with special projects as assigned by Supervisor.
High energy level, fun-loving attitude; comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities. Must be well organized and motivated. Ability to get along with diverse personalities – tactful, honest, mature, responsible and courteous. Has ability to deal tactfully and professionally with owners, guests, board members, and public. Have ability to meet and maintain personal cleanliness and hygiene standards as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for indefinite periods of time, use hands, talk, hear, and smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, stoop, kneel, climb or balance, crouch, bend or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee may lift and/or move up to 20 pounds on occasion.
The work environment is mainly indoors, working at a computer. Must be comfortable working in some sun, heat or inclement weather for short periods of time.
§ Background check will be completed as a condition of employment.
§ Must be dependable and be able to work with out constant supervision.
§ Ability to learn quickly and work in fast-paced position.
§ Ability to apply common sense to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
§ Must possess outstanding Customer Service Skills.
§ To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.